Joseph P. Green, Jr.
Email: click here to contact
Mr. Green is recognized by his peers as a preeminent criminal trial lawyer. He is an exceptionally experienced litigator, having tried over One hundred cases to jury verdict, including acquittals in nationally significant federal criminal cases, white-collar, CCE and drug-related criminal cases. He has also secured many substantial civil recoveries, including a personal injury verdict in excess of One million dollars. Joe has successfully handled all forms of litigation, in subjects as diverse as death penalty trials and intoxicated operation of an airplane. He is presently litigating a number of sex offender registration cases in state and county courts, including challenges to the retroactive application of SORNA II and other sex offender registration laws.
Mr. Green is an accomplished lecturer, having lectured for The Pennsylvania Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, The Pennsylvania Bar Institute the Pennsylvania Trial Lawyers Association and County Bar Associations. He enjoys an AV rating from Martindale-Hubbell, and has been elected a Master of the Inns of Court. Over the years Mr. Green has also testified before the President’s Commission On Model State Drug Laws and before the Pennsylvania House of Representatives.
Joe has also been active in his community. He served for eight years as an elected member of the Board of School Directors of the West Chester Area School District, and during that tenure he was elected twice in a District with over One hundred thousand residents and approximately 12,000 students. Joe chaired the District’s Property & Finance Committee for four years. During that period, the Committee and the Board evaluated, adopted and managed the implementation of a $220 million dollar secondary school renovation and addition plan. Joe has also served as an elected Republican Committeeman in East Bradford Township, Chester County, from 1998 through 2007, and has been actively involved in judicial election campaigns.
- Criminal Defense in any Court, Anywhere
- Criminal & Civil Forfeiture
- Criminal Appeals
- DUI and Vehicular Homicide
- Sex offenses and offender registration
- Grand Jury Practice
- Pennsylvania and U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Pennsylvania, 1980
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Third Circuit, 1983
- pro hac vice Delaware, New York, Florida, California
- Villanova University, J.D., 1980
- Saint Joseph’s University, A.B., Economics, 1977
- Saint Joseph’s Prep, 1974
Associations & Memberships
- Chester County Bar Association
- Montgomery County Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers